Redmine registration page is broken
As seen in #455 it is due to the recaptcha plugin not working anymore.
#3 Updated by Marc Dequènes almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to Marc Dequènes
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
We're already using this plugin.
I had pulled the latest version and upgraded with the rest of the application and plugins.
First problem was related to loading the recaptcha gem. Previously we had a problem and the dependency in the Gemfile was removed and replaced by a require in the controller. But the view did not have access to the library and it failed. I reverted this change and it now loads fine.
Second problem is an API change in the recaptcha library: in 4.0 they decided to rename the parameters to match Google's naming. So the plugin is using it but Stretch only has 3.2.0 with the old naming. So I created a
duckcorp branch in the plugin git directory to revert this change nad it now works well.
Third problem is the switch to API v2: the old globals keys do not work anymore. I then recreated the key for duckcorp.org domain and it now works well again.
Btw I found a key for milkypond.org domain, which cannot work since the switch to API v2 for the same reason. I see no sites in need of this key. Even the bip.milkypond.org site is switching to duckcorp.org for the registration page. So I removed it.