News (or not)¶2010-09-12: bip 0.8.6
- Fix for CVE-2010-3071.
- Now builds position independant executables
“I’ll have the same thing please”released.
- Fix build OpenSSL detection issue.
“Hey Dublin! What’s the craic?”released.
- Fixes a fatal() on gamesurge networks.
- Fix hanging bip on hanging client connexions.
“Ran ran ru in Praha”released.
- Fixed an annoying bug that resulted in too much backlog.
- Fix TRUST command.
- Close some unused log files.
- Cosmetic bug fixes since last rc.
- One bug fixed and a client hack added to avoid the “+” or “-” prefix in irssi when connecting irssi and xchat to the same bip connection.
2009-01-25: bip 0.8.0-rc0
“We ain’t dead” released. It’s a relase candidate for 0.8.0. Some work under the hood, plus noticable changes:
- One logfile per nick for queries, instead of the messy privates.×.log. Slight log format change (now the format of the log of queries is very similar to the on used for channels).
- “Window”-local blreset and blreset on talk. By default the blreset_on_talk now only clears the backlog of the query you talked to or the channel you talked to. The /quote bip blreset command now can take a query name or a channel name as an argument. “/quote bip blreset” still resets the backlog of the whole network.
- /quote bip backlog x command where x is the number of hours will backlog x hours.
- autorejoin on kick by default. Can be disabled with the option autojoin_on_kick = false in a connection block.
- bip SSL on the client<→bip part now support Ephemeral Diffie Hellman key exchange.
- Halfop handling fixed, and a shameful segfault. The segfault may be exploitable by clients, but only after successful login. Please upgrade.
“But where is 0.7.3 ?!”released.
- Some usefull bugfixes, especially for unreal irc network users.
“Enjoy the fish”released.
- Contains a compilation fix for OpenBSD.
- Contains a configuration validation fix, and a memory leak fix.
- The good stuff: sighup support, /bip reload should also work now
- New commands (allow a user to add a new network without restarting bip for instance)
- Better user feedback when issuing /bip commands.
- Lots of new backlog options, some of which can now be set per user instead of globally.
- And a few fixes on top of that.
- Fixes half closed socket descriptor leak, as well as a potential crash on startup.
- Bip switches to git. You can clone the public repository with:
git clone http://bip.t1r.net/bip.git
- Includes more commands, more options, more fixes.
- UPDATE: Thanks to YS for the sexy logo! How rude of me to forget to give proper credits!
- Bip is developed by Arnaud Cornet and Loïc Gomez and is distributed under the GNU Public License Version 2 (see the AUTHORS file for a list of contributors).
- BIP IRC channel is on OFTC :