Project

General

Profile

Enhancement #568

Enhancement #564: Unused accounts spring cleanup

Web spring cleanup

Added by Marc Dequènes almost 2 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Service :: Web
Start date:
2017-06-24
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Patch Available:
Confirmed:
No
Branch:
Entity:
DuckCorp
Security:
Help Needed:

Description

We probably have several unused website, so we should report them.

We could start by checking for broken websites, like HTTP return code, but that's probably not sufficient to detect broken sites.

As for non-broken but obsolete ones, we could check if the DNS defines our server as authoritative. It may be impacted by #566.

Let's think about other ideas.

History

#1 Updated by Marc Dequènes almost 2 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (DC Admins)

#2 Updated by Marc Dequènes almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Assignee set to Marc Dequènes
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

I created the adm_check_web script in the admin repo.

Here is the current output:

ERR 2heurespourtuer.ath.cx does not exist
WARN alt.oxmoz.eu should use a CNAME
WARN ddns.duckcorp.org should use a CNAME
WARN debian.fensalir.fr should use a CNAME
WARN dleone.fensalir.fr should use a CNAME
ERR forum.tetramorphe.org does not exist
WARN irc.milkypond.org should use a CNAME
ERR irc.milkypond.org A/AAAA are not _all_ ours
WARN lists.duckcorp.org should use a CNAME
ERR lists.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR perso.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR users.duckcorp.org A/AAAA are not ours
ERR wiki.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR wiki.tetramorphe.org does not exist
ERR www.aldaaron.fr A/AAAA are not ours
ERR www.clan-hnk.com CNAME is not ours
ERR www.clawfire.net A/AAAA are not ours
ERR www.collectioneuro.eu CNAME is not ours
ERR www.evilgiggle.com CNAME is not ours
WARN www.fensalir.fr should use a CNAME
ERR www.hurdfr.org CNAME is not ours
ERR www.laurafontaine.fr does not exist
ERR www.ufwi.org CNAME is not ours

There are still a few false positives:
  • ddns.duckcorp.org is a DNS subzone and cannot be a CNAME
  • irc.milkypond.org should not be a web host, it is a redirection to irconweb.milkypond.org but I think it is useless, also it is not defined on all IRC hosts…
  • lists.duckcorp.org is used for mails and cannot be a CNAME
  • users.duckcorp.org is not on the usual IPs for historical reasons I guess, and probably could be moved

If the DEBUG environment variable is set, then the script dumps a structure which could later be used for aggregation.

#3 Updated by Marc Dequènes over 1 year ago

  • % Done changed from 50 to 80

I removed irc.milkypond.org.

Also I added detection of the cases where using a CNAME is not possible.

Here is the current output:

ERR 2heurespourtuer.ath.cx does not exist
WARN alt.oxmoz.eu should use a CNAME
WARN debian.fensalir.fr should use a CNAME
WARN dleone.fensalir.fr should use a CNAME
WARN lists.duckcorp.org should use a CNAME
ERR lists.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR perso.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR users.duckcorp.org A/AAAA are not ours
ERR wiki.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR www.aldaaron.fr A/AAAA are not ours
ERR www.clawfire.net A/AAAA are not ours
ERR www.collectioneuro.eu CNAME is not ours
WARN www.fensalir.fr should use a CNAME
ERR www.hurdfr.org CNAME is not ours
ERR www.laurafontaine.fr does not exist
ERR www.ufwi.org CNAME is not ours

I asked Damien about his website to fix things and remove potential obsolete assets.

#4 Updated by Marc Dequènes over 1 year ago

  • % Done changed from 80 to 90

Damien and Marius replied.

ERR 2heurespourtuer.ath.cx does not exist
WARN lists.duckcorp.org should use a CNAME
ERR lists.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR perso.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR users.duckcorp.org A/AAAA are not ours
ERR wiki.hurdfr.org does not exist
ERR www.clawfire.net A/AAAA are not ours
ERR www.collectioneuro.eu CNAME is not ours
ERR www.hurdfr.org CNAME is not ours
ERR www.laurafontaine.fr does not exist
ERR www.ufwi.org CNAME is not ours

#5 Updated by Marc Dequènes over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 90 to 100

I cleaned HurdFr, Andesi and UFWI stuff, and other things.

The exceptions are not worth coding something complicated.

Also available in: Atom PDF