Zabbix will replace Cacti
Since a few weeks, we are testing Zabbix. Here are notes, progress information, and todo items. It may replace Cacti in the future.Missing items:
- network in/out discard/errors
- CPU per core
- disk space
Updated by Marc Dequènes over 8 years ago
- % Done changed from 40 to 60
After an electrical problem leading to a database disaster, database not yet saved anywhere, i had to rework everything.
This is done and running, with more stats than previously.
Backup still needs to be done, but i'm counting on Korutopi, soon to be operational, to handle Daneel's safeguard.
- Gwaihir: an openwrt zabbix-agent package seems to exist (see https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/4365), or via SNMP
- CPU/Load on Yomiko and Maru/Moro
- CPU per core on all hosts
- PostGreSQL on Orfeo
- more Mail on Orfeo (see adm_mail_stats script for a start)
- temperature on all hosts (lm-sensors / ACPI, smartd…)
- temperature on devices?
anything else ?
Cacti should then die soon, after all remaining useful stats found there are migrated in Zabbix. The MySQL database on Elwing will then die afterwards too (what a relief!).
Updated by Marc Dequènes about 8 years ago
- cleanup of the main OS GNU/Linux template:
- removed useless items/triggers
- added system.cpu.num and adapted the load trigger to use it
- change many triggers severities
- added port and proc.num checks on all templates where it was missing
and probably a few other minor things
- increased StartPollers
- decrased StartTrappers
- increased Timeout