bip segfaults when a client uses a password with a space
Reported by Tim Hansen
The bip log shows:
19-12-2011 16:56:42 ERROR: [*connecting*] Error in protocol, closing...
I can reproduce (impossible to use space in password) but segfault didn't happen.
Updated by Pierre-Louis Bonicoli almost 12 years ago
- File 0001-Don-t-use-splitted-string-after-PASS-.-Fix-265.patch 0001-Don-t-use-splitted-string-after-PASS-.-Fix-265.patch added
- Assignee set to Arnaud Cornet
- Target version set to 0.8.9
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- Patch Available changed from No to Yes
- Found in Versions set to 0.8.8
Nohar, could you review it ?
Updated by Pierre-Louis Bonicoli over 11 years ago
- File 0001-Password-cannot-contain-spaces.-Fix-265.patch 0001-Password-cannot-contain-spaces.-Fix-265.patch added
- Help Needed set to No
Previous patch is buggy. Rather than handle spaces in password, disallow generation of hash if password contains space.