Replace our Ancient Gallery
Gallery2 is not supported anymore, it is old and ugly, probably with security issues. It also uses old libraries, probably having security issues too, like Smarty.
We need to find a proper replacement.
- not too ugly and some kind of responsive JS slideshow
- method to hook into LDAP for auth (direct LDAP support or PAM)
- direct access to the media files in the filesystem
- a webapp using a daemon for background tasks and inotify support would be nice
- an Android app would be nice
Pyoto from Kilobug had some of these features but not all. Maybe we could work with him to improve it.
Updated by Marc Dequènes almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Marc Dequènes
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- fgallery: it's nice, would need more testing, but lacks support for subdirectories and seems to lack maintenance, so this would not work (an overview mode would have been nice too)
- myphotoshare: seems not bad, but HappyPeng seem to be unable to see the media appearing, only the text around; seems nice overall even is not as sexy as the previous one (and without the captions and face detection)
I'm playing with a test site to check how it works.