Orfeo would like a brand new body
It is a followup of #537 for Orfeo only.
Orfeo is old too and even if we do not need more power now it crashed last year for an undetermined reason and we should think of the future.
I'm still looking into the possibility of hosting it on a Elwing container using LXD. My internet connection is better even if not wonderful. And my complicated network config and Hivane L2TP tunnel are stable now. As we might never have the ability to change the machine in the current hosting I guess it's even more an interesting possibility to explore.
Updated by Pierre-Louis Bonicoli 3 months ago
- File signal-2023-09-11-080026_002.jpeg signal-2023-09-11-080026_002.jpeg added
- File signal-2023-09-11-080032_002.jpeg signal-2023-09-11-080032_002.jpeg added
- File signal-2023-09-11-080038_002.jpeg signal-2023-09-11-080038_002.jpeg added
Here it is, thanks to the former owner:
- paste here
dmidecodeand so on
- ensure the firmware passwords have been reset
- choose the new hard disk specifications and buy the hard disks
- check the firmware updates (the former owner said that the firmwares are all up to date \o/)
- data synchronization with the current Orfeo ?
- ensure the new server can be hosted where the current one is
- switch the servers
Updated by Pierre-Louis Bonicoli 2 months ago
- File orfeo.free.txt orfeo.free.txt added
- File orfeo.ip_l.txt orfeo.ip_l.txt added
- File orfeo.lscpu.txt orfeo.lscpu.txt added
- File orfeo.lspci.txt orfeo.lspci.txt added
HP DL360p Gen8
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 * 2
- Memory: 24 slots, Installed: 4*16Go + 2*4Go - BIOS report one faulty slot (slot 12)
- 8 * SATA/SSD 2.5"
- PCIe 3.0, x8 (bus), x8 (connector)
- PCIe 3.0, x16 (bus), x16 (connector)
- Current HP iLO Firmware: 2.79 (nov. 2021)
latest available version: 2.82 (mars 2023)